Productmanager with software-developer-background / Software developer with penchant for product management
BurdaForward is the digital media house of the future. Our strong network is based on the journalistic brands FOCUS Online, CHIP, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel, EFAHRER.com and cardscout. We already inspire more than every second internet user in Germany (agof daily digital facts April 2019) and we are a driving force in the public debate - also by tradition: BurdaForward is part of Hubert Burda Media, a family company with values. As a publishing house that has been writing media history for more than a hundred years Hubert Burda Media assumes social responsibility by supporting cultural and social organisations to this day.
At BurdaForward we have a common mission: to support and provide people with individual, reliable and solution-oriented content throughout the day and help them lead a better life. That's why we do not only outline problems but point out how things can be improved - in society and in everyday life. We combine first-class journalism with innovative technology and we happily welcome anyone who wants to join us!
With nearly 700 employees from over 32 nations located in six beautiful German cities and southern Italy we promote an international spirit. Yet we are in close contact with all our colleagues as important meetings are broadcasted via video and direct flights between all locations are available. Bari is our product and development site and gains from the rapidly growing local tech community.
Your challenging task...
This position would be for our BurdaForward brand FOCUS Online which is Germanys No. 1 website for digital media reaching 22.7 million unique visitors in a single month (AGOF digital facts 2018-08). The news-portal delievers the latest news and solution-oriented service information.
Our mission: FOCUS Online wants to inform its users about everything that is important and at the same time show them that not only bad things are happen, but also many good ones.
How we work: The interdisciplinary constructive-team at FOCUS Online not only produce solution-oriented content, but also works with colleagues from various departments (editors, UX- and sales managers, etc.) on new ways to present this content and measure its impact on our users.
For our constructive-team we are looking for a new colleague (m/f/x) who...
- thinks along with everything we do in the team in the areas of product and development
- finds technical ways to make solution orientation more visible on our website
- brings in his/her own ideas
- helps us to develop and implement additional measures of the impact of our content on users
- develop interactive approaches with us on how to activate users on FOCUS Online to contribute to the solution of societal challenges, especially for the area of sustainability
- has an overview of all devices, programs himself where possible and - where this is not possible - gets support from the respective departments
- accompanies and promotes technical innovations
Your convincing background...
- You are Product Manager (m/f/x) and have also developed software in the past OR you are Software Developer (m/f/x) and you want to grow professionally towards product-management
- You show enthusiasm for our constructive mission
- You are curious about working with other departments
- You should bring a high capacity of enthusiasm for new technologies and toolsY
- You have expert knowledge in software development (depending on where you current focus lies)
- You are looking forward learning new things
- Your motivation is to meet the needs of our users
- You have good English language skills
Your inspiring environment...
- Possibility to shape the future of online journalism
- Chance to break new ground: the constructive-team just started, so we enjoy many liberties
- You can accompany your ideas all the way towards realization
- Insights in other departments and the possibility to learn something new every day
- A great team working across different locations with lots of ideas and idealism
- Support when it comes to learning new techniques and technologies including visiting technical conferences, further training measures or simply chatting with colleagues
- Possibility to shape a product with 27 million users per month with the motto „user first“
- Mobile First! Every employee receives a smartphone and laptop for professional and private use.
- We Care! We provide lunch vouchers and there are free fruits, water and coffee in all our offices.
- We encourage an open and direct communication. Flat hierarchies and a wide range of responsible tasks
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel:
- BurdaForward - That's good news
- Take off with BurdaForward - Burda's Digital Publishing House
- The BurdaForward Kick-off 2019: Growing Together!