+49 89 9250 1166
Product Manager (m/f/x) with Software Developer background / Software Developer (m/f/x) with penchant for product management at FOCUS Online
BurdaForward is one of the leading digital publishing houses in Germany. Our company releases and promotes a big variety of well-known journalistic websites and apps. News portals like FOCUS Online, CHIP, NetMoms, Finanzen100, The Weather Channel, CardScout and EFahrer.com are part of our portfolio. With our broad networks we target 38 million unique visitors per month and therefore more than 50% of the internet users in Germany (AGOF daily digital facts, single month, November 2018, incl. advertising portfolio).
Your challenging task...
Our mission: FOCUS Online wants to inform its users about everything that is important and at the same time show them that not only bad things are happen, but also many good ones.
How we work: The interdisciplinary constructive-team at FOCUS Online not only produce solution-oriented content, but also works with colleagues from various departments (editors, UX- and sales managers, etc.) on new ways to present this content and measure its impact on our users.
For our constructive-team we are looking for a new colleague (m/f/x) who...
- thinks along with everything we do in the team in the areas of product and development
- finds technical ways to make solution orientation more visible on our website
- brings in his/her own ideas
- helps us to develop and implement additional measures of the impact of our content on users
- develop interactive approaches with us on how to activate users on FOCUS Online to contribute to the solution of societal challenges, especially for the area of sustainability
- has an overview of all devices, programs himself where possible and - where this is not possible - gets support from the respective departments
- accompanies and promotes technical innovations
Your convincing background...
- You are Product Manager (m/f/x) and have also developed software in the past OR you are Software Developer (m/f/x) and you want to grow professionally towards product-management
- You show enthusiasm for our constructive mission
- You are curious about working with other departments
- You should bring a high capacity of enthusiasm for new technologies and tools
- You have expert knowledge in software development (depending on where you current focus lies)
- You are looking forward learning new things
- Your motivation is to meet the needs of our users
- You have good German and English language skills
Your inspiring environment...
- Possibility to shape the future of online journalism
- Chance to break new ground: the constructive-team just started, so we enjoy many liberties
- You can accompany your ideas all the way towards realization
- Insights in other departments and the possibility to learn something new every day
- A great team working across different locations with lots of ideas and idealism
- Flexible working hours that adjust to your private situation
- Smartphone (5GB) and laptop for private and professional use
- Support when it comes to learning new techniques and technologies including visiting technical conferences, further training measures or simply chatting with colleagues
- Flat hierarchies and a wide range of responsible tasks
- Possibility to shape a product with 27 million users per month with the motto „user first“
- A fixed and attractive workstation in our modern premises in Munich or Cologne
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel:
+49 89 9250 1166