+49 89 9250-1166
Lead Engineer / Architect (m/f/d) at BurdaForward in Bari/Italy
BurdaForward is one of the leading digital publishing houses in Germany. Our company releases and promotes a big variety of well-known journalistic websites and apps. News portals like FOCUS Online, CHIP, NetMoms, Finanzen100, The Weather Channel, CardScout and EFahrer.com are part of our portfolio. With our broad networks we target 38 million unique visitors per month and therefore more than 50% of the internet users in Germany (AGOF daily digital facts, single month, November 2018, incl. advertising portfolio).
With good news we’d like to help every day all people in Germany to live a better life - right now and in future. We make good news that are reliable, relevant and solutions-oriented information. We’re critical but take a constructive look ahead. This counts for social and personal topics at the same time.
With this approach more than 600 editors, developers and data/product experts shape the world of digital news from our locations in Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Berlin – and from 2019 on also in Bari (Italy).
What you could expect...
Ciao Bari! We are planning to open a new BurdaForward tech office in beautiful Bari this year and we are looking for great people to join our team!
As the set-up of the new office takes some time, you´ll be employed in the transition period by our well-trusted local partner and IT service provider (Fincons). However, your work will be fully dedicated to BurdaForward.
We are looking for a results-driven Lead Engineer / Architect (m/f/d) who will work in a scrum team to develop, troubleshoot and improve our platform. The Lead Engineer / Architect (m/f/d) will use his or her understanding of programming languages, patterns and modern tools to architect the platform and services, its scalability, automation and security according to industry standards. The Lead Engineer / Architect (m/f/d) will be also responsible to all matters of managing the team of Engineers and support the remote Product Owner.
- Plotting the architecture and drive the evolution of the platform together with other Architects and Lead Engineers
- Development of new features and services in close collaboration with the Product Owner and his/her team and the other development teams
- Close cooperation, communication and coordination across all BurdaForward teams, such as Operations and Data Science
- Guide, educate and lead the team members
What we would wish for...
- Solid experience as a Backend- or Full-stack Developer
- Good knowledge of current backend technologies, such as AWS, Jenkins, Git, Node.js, serverless framework
- RESTful API, JSON, XML, AMP, microservices, web protocols, event driven as well as streaming are not only buzzwords
- Quality is important, automated testing and clean code are obvious
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Experience in working with agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in designing and developing web applications and architectures
- Working experience in leading development & engineering teams
What we offer...
- At BurdaForward you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow – personally and professionally
- Have an impact - you have the possibility to shape our new tech center from the very beginning!
- We encourage an open and direct communication.
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel:
If you think this position fits to you and that you can help us to have a successful start in Bari, we would be delighted to talk to you. Our team is looking forward to receive your English application – including your CV, certificates, salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date – via our online application platform or firstname.lastname@example.org.
+49 89 9250-1166