Web Developer (m/f/x) at BurdaForward Italia
BurdaForward is the digital media house of the future. Our strong network is based on the journalistic brands FOCUS Online, CHIP, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel, EFAHRER.com and cardscout. We already inspire more than every second internet user in Germany (agof daily digital facts April 2019) and we are a driving force in the public debate - also by tradition: BurdaForward is part of Hubert Burda Media, a family company with values. As a publishing house that has been writing media history for more than a hundred years Hubert Burda Media assumes social responsibility by supporting cultural and social organisations to this day.
At BurdaForward we have a common mission: to support and provide people with individual, reliable and solution-oriented content throughout the day and help them lead a better life. That's why we do not only outline problems but point out how things can be improved - in society and in everyday life. We combine first-class journalism with innovative technology and we happily welcome anyone who wants to join us!
With nearly 700 employees from over 32 nations located in six beautiful German cities and southern Italy we promote an international spirit. Yet we are in close contact with all our colleagues as important meetings are broadcasted via video and direct flights between all locations are available. Bari is our product and development site and gains from the rapidly growing local tech community.
Your challenging task...
When joining BurdaForward you will find start-up spirit and professional long-term perspectives in a technology-driven environment. Your contribution matters and you are enabled to grow - personally and professionally. Let's shape the media of tomorrow together!
This position would be for our BurdaForward brands Cardscout and FOCUS Online. FOCUS Online is Germany No. 1 website for digital media reaching 22.7 million unique visitors in a single month (AGOF digital facts 2018-08). The news-portal delivers the latest news and solution-oriented service information. Besides news, we provide useful services (like credit card comparisons, checking accounts, fixed-term deposits, etc.) to our users which we would like to integrate even deeper into our websites and this is why we would love to see you join our team.
Our mission: FOCUS Online wants to inform its users about everything that is important and at the same time show them that not only bad things are happening, but also many good ones.
How we work: The interdisciplinary constructive-team at FOCUS Online not only produce solution-oriented content, but also works with colleagues from various departments (editors, UX- and sales managers, etc.) on new ways to present this content and measure its impact on our users.
What awaits you:
- Development of new features and services in close collaboration with the Product Owner and the development team
- Bringing new product ideas into the team
- Quality Assurance
- Problem solving
Your convincing background...
- Experience as a Full-Stack Developer
- Good knowledge of PHP using frameworks such as Symfony (ideal) or Laravel and ORM technologies
- Good experience with relational databases such as MySql and PostgreSql, experience with not-relational databases, like MongoDB is welcome.
- Experience with other technologies such as Redis and ElasticSearch are welcome
- Safe handling of the CLI, composer and shell scripts in general
- Safe handling of git (merge, branch)
- Solid experience with continuous integration, ideally with Docker and Jenkins
- You are used to measuring the success of technical measures in business-relevant KPIs (traffic, revenue, user satisfaction)
- It's fun to bring in your own knowledge and experience
- Motivation for personal and professional development
Your inspiring environment...
- Agile teams with whom you jointly develop the web interface for around 30 million mobile and desktop visitors.
- At BurdaForward you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow – personally and professionally
- Have an impact - you have the possibility to shape our new tech center from the very beginning!
- Internationality! You´ will be working in international teams and English will be your primary working language.
- Mobile First! Every employee receives a smartphone and laptop for professional and private use.
- We Care! We provide lunch vouchers and there are free fruits, water and coffee in all our offices.
- We encourage an open and direct communication.
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel: