+49 89 9250-1166
(Senior) Web Developer (m/w/d) at BurdaForward in Bari/Italy
BurdaForward is the digital media house of the future. Our strong network is based on the journalistic brands FOCUS Online, CHIP, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel, EFAHRER.com and cardscout. We already inspire more than every second internet user in Germany (agof daily digital facts April 2019) and we are a driving force in the public debate - also by tradition: BurdaForward is part of Hubert Burda Media, a family company with values. As a publishing house that has been writing media history for more than a hundred years Hubert Burda Media assumes social responsibility by supporting cultural and social organisations to this day.
At BurdaForward we have a common mission: to support and provide people with individual, reliable and solution-oriented content throughout the day and help them lead a better life. That's why we do not only outline problems but point out how things can be improved - in society and in everyday life. We combine first-class journalism with innovative technology and we happily welcome anyone who wants to join us!
With nearly 700 employees from over 32 nations located in six beautiful German cities and southern Italy we promote an international spirit. Yet we are in close contact with all our colleagues as important meetings are broadcasted via video and direct flights between all locations are available. Bari is our product and development site and gains from the rapidly growing local tech community.
What you could expect...
Ciao Bari! We’ve opened our new BurdaForward tech office in beautiful Bari this year and we’re looking for great people to join our team!
When joining BurdaForward you will find start-up spirit and professional long-term perspectives in a technology-driven environment. Your contribution matters and you are enabled to grow - personally and professionally. Let's shape the media of tomorrow together!
- Build and maintain high-performance and scalable web services and applications.
- Exercise versatility in working with a variety of tech stacks and third-party APIs.
- Work in an Agile-like, iterative development process.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure compliance with quality standards.
What we would wish for...
- Knowledge in SQL and No-SQL storage technologies
- Proficient with version control, continuous integration and cloud based development
- Penchant for learning new Web technologies balanced with strong pragmatic thinking.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
What we offer...
- At BurdaForward you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow – personally and professionally
- Have an impact - you have the possibility to shape our new tech center from the very beginning!
- We encourage an open and direct communication.
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel:
If you think this position fits to you and that you can help us to have a successful start in Bari, we would be delighted to talk to you. Our team is looking forward to receive your English application – including your CV, certificates, salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date – via our online application platform or firstname.lastname@example.org.
+49 89 9250-1166