+49 89 9250-1166
Senior Developer (m/f/d) at BurdaForward in Bari/Italy
BurdaForward is the digital media house of the future. Our strong network is based on the journalistic brands FOCUS Online, CHIP, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel, EFAHRER.com and cardscout. We already inspire more than every second internet user in Germany (agof daily digital facts April 2019) and we are a driving force in the public debate - also by tradition: BurdaForward is part of Hubert Burda Media, a family company with values. As a publishing house that has been writing media history for more than a hundred years Hubert Burda Media assumes social responsibility by supporting cultural and social organisations to this day.
At BurdaForward we have a common mission: to support and provide people with individual, reliable and solution-oriented content throughout the day and help them lead a better life. That's why we do not only outline problems but point out how things can be improved - in society and in everyday life. We combine first-class journalism with innovative technology and we happily welcome anyone who wants to join us!
With nearly 700 employees from over 32 nations located in six beautiful German cities and southern Italy we promote an international spirit. Yet we are in close contact with all our colleagues as important meetings are broadcasted via video and direct flights between all locations are available. Bari is our product and development site and gains from the rapidly growing local tech community.
What you could expect...
Ciao Bari! We’ve opened our new BurdaForward tech office in beautiful Bari this year and we’re looking for great people to join our team!
When joining BurdaForward you will find start-up spirit and professional long-term perspectives in a technology-driven environment. Your contribution matters and you are enabled to grow - personally and professionally. Let's shape the media of tomorrow together!
- Responsibility for the technology roadmaps and new product development of an innovative and future-oriented user platform
- Close collaboration with product management and web design through regular scrum sprints
- Be part of an agile development team and drive interesting projects on the basis of Laravel
- Development of new features for existing offers or new features that engage users
- You are very interested to try out new technologies and tools
What we would wish for...
- You successfully completed university studies in computer science
- Several years of experience in web development
- Experience in working in a startup environment and with agile development approaches
- Very good knowledge of PHP and mySQL as well as Symfony2
- Experience with Laravel, Vue.js, git, jenkins and docker are desirable
- Good knowledge of continuous integration methods
- You have solid knowledge of Linux shell
- Experience in building and further developing a performing software architecture
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written
- High team orientation and good communication skills
- You will proactively expand your knowledge and further educate yourself in machine learning and AI
What we offer...
- At BurdaForward you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow – personally and professionally
- Have an impact - you have the possibility to shape our new tech center from the very beginning!
- We encourage an open and direct communication.
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel:
If you think this position fits to you and that you can help us to have a successful start in Bari, we would be delighted to talk to you. Our team is looking forward to receive your English application – including your CV, certificates, salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date – via our online application platform or firstname.lastname@example.org.
+49 89 9250-1166