Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x) at CHIP
Chip is the adviser for the digital world and operates one of the largest technology test centers of Europe. The journalistic offer covers magazines such as Chip, Chip Photo-Video and Chip Wissen. The website Chip Online is Germany's No. 1 website for computers, mobile and home entertainment and reaches 17.12 million unique users in a single month (AGOF digital facts 2018-08). As a tech media company, BurdaForward combines user-oriented content with agile software development. Chip is a brand of BurdaForward, one of the leading digital publishers in Germany. The company publishes and markets a large selection of well-known journalistic websites and apps. In addition to Chip and Chip Online rank also Focus Online, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel and EFahrer.
Your challenging task...
As a Senior Backend Developer (f/m/d) you will work at the core of Chip transactional product development. You ensure that our platform is available 24/7 and fulfills the highest engineering and quality requirements while remaining both scalable and future-proof. You will support our backend technology team in casting great ideas into excellent code. Through your creativity and experience, you will be able to find an optimal synthesis of professional requirements and technological possibilities.
- You will work on the design and architecture of our old and new proprietary backend technology in the area of transactions.
- You will be involved in the development of projects, services and components and thus be a role model for excellent code.
- You understand complex technical relationships fast and can translate them into scalable and maintainable software architectures.
- You discuss with software engineers (m/f/x) as well as with all stakeholders of other departments at eye level and mediate between the worlds.
Your convincing background...
- You are a graduate computer scientist (m/f/x) or similar and have at least 3 years of practical experience as a Senior Software Engineer (m/f/x).
- You have excellent communication skills and be able to discuss with software engineers, admins, stakeholders from other departments and management at eye level.
- You want to be part of an international, intercultural and English speaking team.
- You have extensive practical experience with the development of distributed, highly scaled systems (ideally in an AWS environment).
- You know the advantages and disadvantages of AWS services and be able to apply SOA principles.
- You have extensive experience in persistence mechanisms and data modeling.
- You have experience in integrating backend services (e.g. REST APIs, SOAP APIs, JSON, XML)
- You have proven experience in writing ETL jobs and can handle heterogeneous data.
- You proactively expand your knowledge and educate yourself in the field of Data Sciences.
- You are interested in new trends in software engineering and software architecture without forgetting proven technologies and patterns.
Our technologies and frameworks:
PHP, Node JS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elastic Stack, Docker, AWS, Symfony, Terraform
Your inspiring environment...
- International Welcome, we live and love the diversity in our development teams.
- Mobile first! Every employee receives a smartphone and laptop for private and professional use. You can choose between Mac or Windows device.
- We have flat hierarchies and encourage an open and direct communication.
- Flexible working hours enable you to arrange a compatible business and private life.
- At BurdaForward you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow – personally and professionally.
- An indefinite permanent employment with 30 days holiday.
- Also for your physical well-being is taken care of: fruit and different coffee variations are free. We support lunch, massage and sports offers financially.
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
Would you like to get a first impression of Chip / BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel: