Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x) at BurdaForward Italia
Chip is the adviser for the digital world and operates one of the largest technology test centers in Europe. The journalistic offer covers magazines such as Chip, Chip PHOTO VIDEO and Chip WISSEN. The website Chip Online is Germany's No. 1 website for computers, mobile, and home entertainment and reaches 17.12 million unique users in a single month (AGOF digital facts 2018-08). As a tech media company, BurdaForward combines user-oriented content with agile software development. Chip is a brand of BurdaForward, one of the leading digital publishers in Germany. The company publishes and markets a large selection of well-known journalistic websites and apps. In addition to Chip and Chip on-line rank also Focus Online, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel and EFahrer.
Your challenging task...
As a senior backend developer (f/m/x) you will work at the core of Chip transactional product development. You ensure that our platform is available 24/7 and fulfills the highest engineering and quality requirements while remaining both scalable and future-proof. You will support our backend technology team in casting great ideas into excellent code. Through your creativity and experience, you will be able to find an optimal synthesis of professional requirements and technological possibilities.
- You will work on the design and architecture of our old and new proprietary backend transaction technology.
- You will develop projects and components and be a role model for excellent code.
- You are able to understand complex technical issues in the shortest possible time and translate them into implementable software architecture.
- You discuss with software engineers as well as with all interfaces of other departments at eye level and mediate between the worlds.
Your convincing background...
- You hold a degree in computer sciences and have at least 2 years of practical experience as a Senior Software Engineer.
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to discuss convincingly with software engineers, administrators, interfaces from the departments and management at eye level.
- You have extensive practical experience in the development of distributed, highly scalable systems (ideally in an AWS environment).
- You have a lot of experience in persistence mechanisms and adequate data modeling - from classical relational databases to horizontally scaling NoSQL systems.
- You have experience in integrating backend services (e.g. REST APIs, JSON, XML, ETL).
- You will proactively expand your knowledge and further educate yourself in machine learning and/or AI.
- You are interested in new trends in software engineering and software architecture without forgetting proven technologies and patterns.
- You want to continue your education in order to actively shape the digital future.
Our technologies and frameworks:
PHP, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, AWS, Symfony und GO
Your inspiring environment...
- Agile teams with whom you jointly develop the web interface for around 30 million mobile and desktop visitors.
- At BurdaForward you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow – personally and professionally
- Have an impact - you have the possibility to shape our new tech center from the very beginning!
- Internationality! You´ will be working in international teams and English will be your primary working language.
- Mobile First! Every employee receives a smartphone and laptop for professional and private use.
- We Care! We provide lunch vouchers and there are free fruits, water and coffee in all our offices.
- We encourage an open and direct communication.
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel: