Telefon: +39 339 77 322 06
Infrastructure Engineer Content Discovery Platform at BurdaForward Italia (m/f/x)
Are you keen on developing authentical digital products and inspiring a large audience with special interest? Would you like to develop new digital services, create a content discovery platform fueled by premium, proprietary content, and always stay close to the needs of its users? Then you could be the perfect occupation for our open position Infrastructure Engineer Content Discovery Platform. With a high focus on creating an extensible basis which allows other teams to build upon, you can make a difference whenever people ask for information, inspiration and advic
BurdaForward strives for journalistic innovation with leading publishing brands and the latest technology. With Focus Online, Chip, TV Spielfilm, Bunte.de, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel, EFahrer.com, Fit for fun, Cinema and Cardscout, we inspire almost 70 percent of all internet users in Germany (AGOF digital facts) and are a driving force of the public debate – also by tradition: BurdaForward is part of the family-owned company Hubert Burda Media.
What you can expect from us...
- You join a small and interdisciplinary team organized as a “start-up” called “WhatsNext” within BurdaForward
- WhatsNext develop BurdaForward’s proprietary content discovery platform. Our objective is to support our users in discovering the best “next” content to consume on any of our portals
- As Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll be a key designer and owner of WhatsNext's development infrastructure. This includes everything from CI/CD, to data management, to model training, to observability and maintainability.
- You collaborate with engineers to bring consistency and high standards to codebases, infrastructure, and processes
- Working in a start-up like team, you also are in permanent exchange with all team members (incl. product manager, UX researcher and designer, etc), and are involved in strategic and tactical decisions and road mapping
- You formulate and deliver pragmatic, cutting edge solutions
- Prototype, optimize, and maintain scalable platform services for WhatsNext, including data management, distributed data processing and model training, and monitoring
- Continuously iterate on the engineering team's build, test, and deployment infrastructure to support rapid development and maintainable hosted services
What we would expect from you...
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience with service-oriented and data infrastructure
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale distributed systems, including automated deployment and observability features
- Experience building and maintaining large scale, production data pipelines for machine learning applications
- Expertise designing REST or GraphQL APIs for internal services and developers
- Optional: Experience developing enterprise software products for machine learning and data science applications
- Optional: Experience prototyping and iterating on user interfaces (ES7, TypeScript)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and strong technical communication skills
- Self-motivation, positive mental attitude, and eagerness to learn
What we can offer you...
- A wide range of responsibilities in a technology-driven environment in which your ideas really matter! More than 32 million people use and appreciate our articles and software
- A company with flat hierarchies and a cross-functional team structure - as a result, much of the decision-making power lies within the teams themselves
- A competent and motivated team, exciting tasks and freedom to design independently and give impulses
- Our trust-based workplace offer includes the option of working from home or using our individual flexdesk solution in the company office
- A comprehensive training program that covers both professional and personal aspects (e.g. English and German courses)
- After pandemic: We offer regular learning lunches, our annual internal Tech Forward conference and trainings programs throughout the year – enabling you to grow professionally and personally. Would you personally benefit from participating in an exciting specialist conference? We will try to make it happen
- You have a new business idea and would like to found a start-up within the company? Convince us and we will support you structurally and financially
- Smart Working - we believe in flexibility when it comes to choosing where you deliver top-notch work
- You will receive a smartphone and a laptop for professional and also private use at the start. Apple or Windows? Your choice!
- We Care! We provide lunch vouchers, fruits, water and coffee in all our offices
- A sunny office located in the center of Bari with a large terrace
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch our videos on YouTube.
Sign-up to our Tech Newsletter to receive BurdaForward tech an product news as well as invitations to our tech events and the latest job postings.
job advertisment since 13.07.2021
Telefon: +39 339 77 322 06