+49 89 9250-1166
Frontend Developer (m/f/d) at BurdaForward in Bari
BurdaForward is one of the leading digital publishing houses in Germany. Our company releases and promotes a big variety of well-known journalistic websites and apps. News portals like FOCUS Online, CHIP, NetMoms, Finanzen100, The Weather Channel, CardScout and EFahrer.com are part of our portfolio. With our broad networks we target 38 million unique visitors per month and therefore more than 50% of the internet users in Germany (AGOF daily digital facts, single month, November 2018, incl. advertising portfolio).
With good news we’d like to help every day all people in Germany to live a better life - right now and in future. We make good news that are reliable, relevant and solutions-oriented information. We’re critical but take a constructive look ahead. This counts for social and personal topics at the same time.
With this approach more than 600 editors, developers and data/product experts shape the world of digital news from our locations in Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Berlin – and from 2019 on also in Bari (Italy).
What you could expect...
Ciao Bari! We are planning to open a new BurdaForward tech office in beautiful Bari this year and we are looking for great people to join our team!
As the set-up of the new office takes some time, you´ll be employed in the transition period by our well-trusted local partner and IT service provider (Fincons). However, your work will be fully dedicated to BurdaForward.
What awaits you:
- An agile team with product owner in which you jointly developed the web interface for about 20 million mobile and desktop visitors of CHIP.
- Development of our HTML frontends, using and extending our style guide components.
- Adaptation and expansion of our frontend development tools.
- Optimize site performance and set up A / B tests in order to deliver the best user experience for our visitors
- Close communication with the teams of UX / VX, reaction, web analytics and sales.
What we would wish for...
- You have a degree in computer science or a comparable, subject-related training and have already gained experience in the development of web applications
- Solid experience with development tools such as Gulp, Webpack and NPM
- Safe handling of git (merge, branch)
- Experience in using PHP, Symfony and Twig is helpful
- You are used to measuring the success of technical measures in business-relevant KPIs (traffic, revenue, user satisfaction)
- It's fun to bring in your own knowledge and experience
- Motivation for personal and professional development
What we offer...
- At BurdaForward you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow – personally and professionally
- Have an impact - you have the possibility to shape our new tech center from the very beginning!
- We encourage an open and direct communication.
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel:
If you think this position fits to you and that you can help us to have a successful start in Bari, we would be delighted to talk to you. Our team is looking forward to receive your English application – including your CV, certificates, salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date – via our online application platform or email@example.com.
+49 89 9250-1166