CHIP is the adviser for the digital world and operates one of the largest technology test centers of Europe. The journalistic offer covers magazines such as CHIP, CHIP PHOTO VIDEO and CHIP WISSEN. The website CHIP Online is Germany's No. 1 website for computers, mobile and home entertainment and reaches 17.12 million unique users in a single month (AGOF digital facts 2018-08). As a tech media company, BurdaForward combines user-oriented content with agile software development. CHIP is a brand of BurdaForward, one of the leading digital publishers in Germany. The company publishes and markets a large selection of well-known journalistic websites and apps. In addition to CHIP and CHIP on-line rank also FOCUS online, HuffPost Germany, Finanzen100, NetMoms and The Weather Channel.
- An agile team with product owner in which you jointly developed the web interface for about 20 million mobile and desktop visitors of CHIP.
- Responsibility for continuous development, documentation and quality assurance of our Technologies.
- Coordinate with our experienced operations team to design and deploy the application infrastructure.
- Adaptation and expansion of our frontend development tools.
- Development of our frontends, using and extending our style guide components.
- Optimize site performance and set up A / B tests in order to deliver the best user experience for our visitors
- Close communication with the teams of UX / VX, reaction, web analytics and sales.
- You have a degree in computer science or a comparable, subject-related training and have already gained experience in the development of web applications
- Very good knowledge of PHP and MySQL, ideally in dealing with Symfony and Doctrine
- Experience with other DB systems such as Redis, MongoDB or ElasticSearch
- Solid experience with development tools such as Gulp, Webpack and NPM
- Safe handling of the CLI, composer and shell scripts in general
- Safe handling of git (merge, branch)
- Solid experience with continuous integration, ideally with Docker and Jenkins
- You are used to measuring the success of technical measures in business-relevant KPIs (traffic, revenue, user satisfaction)
- It's fun to bring in your own knowledge and experience
- Motivation for personal and professional development
- International Welcome, we live and love the diversity in our development teams.
- We work in a central location in Munich in modern, bright offices which facilitate a constant exchange.
- Our flexible working hours and our offer of a working environment based on trust enable you to combine professional and private life.
- With a comprehensive training program that covers both professional and personal aspects, we give you plenty of room to develop yourself optimally. Would you personally benefit from participating in an exciting specialist conference? We will try to make it happen.
- An indefinite permanent employment with 30 days holiday.
- We Care! Our offices provide free fruit, a subsidized lunch, back training, massages and other sports are available at a cost. Are you more a passive football player? Then you can work off your energy at table football.
- You want to bring your ideas in a start-up atmosphere and experiment with new trends but at the same time have security in the background? We belong to the global player Hubert Burda Media and make this unique combination possible
Would you like to get a first impression of CHIP / BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel: