Frontend Engineer (m/f/x) at BurdaForward Italia
BurdaForward is the digital media house of the future. Our strong network is based on the journalistic brands FOCUS Online, CHIP, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel, EFAHRER.com and cardscout. We already inspire more than every second internet user in Germany (agof daily digital facts April 2019) and we are a driving force in the public debate - also by tradition: BurdaForward is part of Hubert Burda Media, a family company with values. As a publishing house that has been writing media history for more than a hundred years Hubert Burda Media assumes social responsibility by supporting cultural and social organisations to this day.
At BurdaForward we have a common mission: to support and provide people with individual, reliable and solution-oriented content throughout the day and help them lead a better life. That's why we do not only outline problems but point out how things can be improved - in society and in everyday life. We combine first-class journalism with innovative technology and we happily welcome anyone who wants to join us!
With nearly 700 employees from over 32 nations located in six beautiful German cities and southern Italy we promote an international spirit. Yet we are in close contact with all our colleagues as important meetings are broadcasted via video and direct flights between all locations are available. Bari is our product and development site and gains from the rapidly growing local tech community.
Your challenging task...
Ciao Bari! We’ve opened our new BurdaForward tech office in beautiful Bari this year and we’re looking for great people to join our team!
When joining BurdaForward you will find start-up spirit and professional long-term perspectives in a technology-driven environment. Your contribution matters and you are enabled to grow - personally and professionally. Let's shape the media of tomorrow together!
This position would be for our BurdaForward brand CHIP which is the adviser for the digital world and operates one of the largest technology test centers of Europe. The website CHIP Online is Germany's No. 1 website for computers, mobile and home entertainment and reaches 17.12 million unique users in a single month (AGOF digital facts 2018-08).
We are looking for a results-driven Frontend Engineer (m/f/x) who will work in a scrum team to develop, troubleshoot and improve the Frontends of our Applications. The Frontend Engineer (m/f/x) will use his, her or its understanding of programming languages, patterns and modern tools to develop platform features and services, the scalability, automation and security of the platform according to industry standards.
- Development of our HTML frontends, using and extending our style guide components.
- Adaptation and expansion of our frontend development tools.
- Optimize site performance and set up A / B tests in order to deliver the best user experience for our visitors
- Close communication with the teams of UX / VX, reaction, web analytics and sales
Your convincing background...
- You have a degree in computer science or a comparable, subject-related training and have already gained experience in the development of web applications
- Solid experience with development tools such as Gulp, Webpack and NPM Safe handling of git (merge, branch)
- Experience in using PHP, Symfony and Twig is helpful
- You are used to measuring the success of technical measures in business-relevant KPIs (traffic, revenue, user satisfaction)
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written
- It's fun to bring in your own knowledge and experience
- Motivation for personal and professional development
Your inspiring environment...
- At BurdaForward you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow – personally and professionally
- Have an impact - you have the possibility to shape our new tech center from the very beginning!
- Internationality! You´ll be working in international teams and English will be your primary working language.
- Mobile First! Every employee receives a smartphone and laptop for professional and private use.
- We Care! We provide lunch vouchers and there are free fruits, water and coffee in all our offices.
- We encourage an open and direct communication.
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance?
Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel:
- BurdaForward - That's good news
- Take off with BurdaForward - Burda's Digital Publishing House
- The BurdaForward Kick-off 2019: Growing Together!
If you think this position fits to you and that you can help us to have a successful start in Bari, we would be delighted to talk to you. Our team is looking forward to receive your English application – including your CV, certificates, salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date – via our online application platform.