Phone: +39 339 77 322 06
Data Engineer at BurdaForward Italia (m/f/x)
BurdaForward strives for journalistic innovation with leading publishing brands and the latest technology. With Focus Online, Chip, TV Spielfilm, Bunte.de, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel, EFahrer.com, Fit for fun, Cinema and Cardscout, we inspire almost 70 percent of all internet users in Germany (AGOF digital facts) and are a driving force of the public debate – also by tradition: BurdaForward is part of the family-owned company Hubert Burda Media.
What you can expect from us...
- You will use the (real-time) traffic data of our websites to create new digital products and optimise existing processes and services
- You will also be responsible for creating a data pipeline so that we can efficiently stream terabytes of raw data into AWS, transform it and deliver it via web API.
- You prepare our data: whether it's nested JSON or parquet files - you have a solution ready for everything
- You work together with our data scientists on the predictive models that will change our business.
What we would expect from you...
- You already have experience in data engineering, such as building data pipelines, data cleaning and transformation.
- You have a good understanding of distributed systems (Spark, EMR, Hadoop)
- You are proficient in several programming languages (e.g. Scala, Python, SQL, R, Java)
- Ideally, you have already gained experience with Amazon Cloud
- Team spirit, optimism and openness - we are looking for a new colleague (m/f/d) who thinks innovatively and entrepreneurially, takes responsibility and never loses sight of our users in the process
What we can offer you...
- A wide range of responsibilities in a technology-driven environment in which your ideas really matter! More than 32 million people use and appreciate our articles and software
- A company with flat hierarchies and a cross-functional team structure - as a result, much of the decision-making power lies within the teams themselves
- A competent and motivated team, exciting tasks and freedom to design independently and give impulses
- We respond individually to your life situation. This includes flexible working time models, sabbaticals and support with childcare.
- Our trust-based workplace offer includes the option of working from home or using our individual flexdesk solution in the company office
- A comprehensive training program that covers both professional and personal aspects (e.g. English and German courses)
- After pandemic: We offer regular learning lunches, our annual internal Tech Forward conference and trainings programs throughout the year – enabling you to grow professionally and personally. Would you personally benefit from participating in an exciting specialist conference? We will try to make it happen
- You have a new business idea and would like to found a start-up within the company? Convince us and we will support you structurally and financially
- Smart Working - we believe in flexibility when it comes to choosing where you deliver top-notch work
- You will receive a smartphone and a laptop for professional and also private use at the start. Apple or Windows? Your choice!
- We Care! We provide lunch vouchers, fruits, water and coffee in all our offices
- A sunny office located in the center of Bari with a large terrace
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch our videos on YouTube.
Sign-up to our Tech Newsletter to receive BurdaForward tech and product news as well as invitations to our tech events and the latest job postings.
We respect diversity and we therefore welcome all applications - independently of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion and ideology, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity.
Phone: +39 339 77 322 06