Telefon: +39 339 77 322 06
Frontend Developer at BurdaForward Italia (m/f/x)
BurdaForward strives for journalistic innovation with leading publishing brands and the latest technology. With Focus Online, Chip, TV Spielfilm, Bunte.de, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel, EFahrer.com, Fit for fun, Cinema and Cardscout, we inspire almost 70 percent of all internet users in Germany (AGOF digital facts) and are a driving force of the public debate – also by tradition: BurdaForward is part of the family-owned company Hubert Burda Media.
What you can expect from us...
At the Content Technologies Team at BurdaForward our goal is to build and extensible, modular, end to end and multi brand publishing framework which enables the company to write and publish articles on all our brands using one technology. This means that your code will have a direct impact on more than 10 Mio unique users a day and carries the need to high quality in all areas from code to SEO, to speed, to legal. If you are up to the challenge in designing and building that technology with us then join us today.
- You will work with the team which is building an extensible and modular publishing platform/framework which will consolidate and run all BurdaForward portfolio bands
- You will design the module architecture- and do feature-development of the publishing framework
- You will onboard new brands and new in-house development teams on the framework
- You will maintain and constantly improving the code along the way
- You will help building processes to keep the quality of the software in a good shape and in the same time make it usable to others
- You will help taking the responsibility in keeping a high technical quality framework
What we would expect from you...
- You have experience in any web-development frontend frameworks like VueJs, ReactJs, Angular, Svelte
- You have knowledge in CSS preprocessors like SASS, SCSS as well as libraries like Bootstrap or utility-first CSS frameworks like Tailwind
- You love structuring code as independent components and your like modular architectures
- You like engaging with the development team as well as UI/UX designers to discuss user interface and applications
- You have basic knowledge of testing applications with unit and integration tests
- Nice to have: web optimization for performance and SEO, bundles like webpack, gulp, and package managers like NPM
- Nice to have: Knowledge of writing web applications and APIs with Node.js and frameworks like Express
- You have experience in working in agile teams and you have fun in working with international and remote teams
- You have good English communication skills
What we can offer you...
- A company with flat hierarchies and a cross-functional team structure - as a result, much of the decision-making power lies within the teams themselves
- A competent and motivated team, exciting tasks and freedom to design independently and give impulses
- We respond individually to your life situation. This includes flexible working time models, sabbaticals and support with childcare. We are family friendly!
- Our trust-based workplace offer includes the option of working from home or using our individual flexdesk solution in the company office
- A comprehensive training program that covers both professional and personal aspects (e.g. English and German courses)
- After pandemic: We offer regular learning lunches, our annual internal Tech Forward conference and trainings programs throughout the year – enabling you to grow professionally and personally. Would you personally benefit from participating in an exciting specialist conference? We will try to make it happen
- You have a new business idea and would like to found a start-up within the company? Convince us and we will support you structurally and financially
- You will receive a smartphone and a laptop for professional and also private use at the start. Apple or Windows? Your choice
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch our videos on YouTube.
Burda is colourful
We respect diversity and we therefore welcome all applications - independently of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion and ideology, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity.
Telefon: +39 339 77 322 06