Telefon: +39 339 77 322 06
Senior Data Engineer at BurdaForward Italia (m/f/x)
BurdaForward strives for journalistic innovation with leading publishing brands and the latest technology. With Focus Online, Chip, TV Spielfilm, Bunte.de, Finanzen100, NetMoms, The Weather Channel, EFahrer.com, Fit for fun, Cinema and Cardscout, we inspire almost 70 percent of all internet users in Germany (AGOF digital facts) and are a driving force of the public debate – also by tradition: BurdaForward is part of the family-owned company Hubert Burda Media.
What you can expect from us...
- You will use the (real-time) traffic data of our websites to create new digital products and optimize existing processes and services
- You will also be responsible for creating a data pipeline so that we can efficiently stream terabytes of raw data into AWS, transform it and deliver it via web API
- You prepare our data: whether it's nested JSON or parquet files - you have a solution ready for everything
- You work together with our data scientists on the predictive models that will change our business
- Leverage automation to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
What we would expect from you...
- Team spirit, optimism and openness - we are looking for a new colleague (m/f/x) who thinks innovatively and entrepreneurially, takes responsibility and never loses sight of our users in the process
- Experience in creating and maintaining ETL/ELT proceses
- Experience in SQL Databases especially Snowflake
- Experience in programming with Python or another object oriented programming language
- Experience in data modelling
- Experience in cloud services especially AWS
- Good understanding of distributed systems (Spark, EMR, Hadoop)
- Very good command of English, spoken as well as written - German skills are a plus
What we can offer you...
- We respond individually to your life situation. This includes flexible working time models, sabbaticals and support with childcare
- Our trust-based workplace offer includes the option to work from home or use our individual flexdesk solution in the company office
- A comprehensive training programme covering both professional and personal aspects
- You have a new business idea and want to found a start-up within the company? Convince us and we will support you structurally and financially
- At the start you will receive a smartphone and a laptop for professional and private use. Apple or Windows? Your choice!
Want to gain an impression of BurdaForward before applying? Check out our YouTube channel.
Burda is colourful
We respect diversity and we therefore welcome all applications - independently of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion and ideology, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity.
Burda is digital...
Please use our online application form to apply!
Telefon: +39 339 77 322 06