Telefon: +39 339 77 322 06
Product Owner - Publishing Platform (m/f/x) at BurdaForward Italia
Are you keen on developing authentical digital products and inspiring a large audience with special interest? Would you like to develop new digital services, create a publishing platform which is more than the sum of its brands and always stay close to the needs of its users? Then you could be the perfect occupation for our open position Product Owner Publishing Platform. With a high focus on creating an extensible basis which allows other teams to build upon, you can make a difference whenever people in Germany ask for inspiration and advice.
About our company: BurdaForward is the digital media house of the future. Our strong network is based on the journalistic brands like Focus Online, Chip, Bunte, Fit For Fun, NetMoms, Efahrer and TV Spielfilm. We already inspire more than every second internet user in Germany (agof daily digital facts April 2019) and we combine first-class journalism with innovative technology!
What you can expect from us...
- Lead the product development of our new publishing platform which will be able to support the variety of brands which Burda Forward comprises (Focus, Chip, Bunte, Netmoms, Finanzen100, …) in a fully flexible and modular up to date fashion.
- Collaborate closely with the leadership and the developers to create and evangelize our publishing platform vision across the entire organization
- Track and provide visibility to stakeholders into team’s progress and impact on the timeline of delivery during sprints and cycles
- You stay in touch with your stakeholders and prioritize tickets in the sprints
- You will be the interface between developers, the management, UX, the editorial Team and Stakeholders from other teams within the company
- Permanent employment in a future proof environment
- You work fully integrated in a large development team – consisting of inhouse developers in Munich and Bari, as well as from external agencies
What we would expect from you...
- You are able to collect, understand and prioritize requirements of a publishing platform from stakeholders in the organization
- You have a strong product driven mind-set and are able to deliver high quality and production ready features
- You are able to manage a roadmap for technical products, from inception to launch
- You can build and defend a consistent vision while being flexible on the details
- You understand the language of engineers and are comfortable engaging also in technical discussions
- You have a strong analytical and agile mind-set and have a track record in working successfully with agile methodologies like Scrum
- You’re able to make technical topics accessible to a non-technical audience and business topics to a technical audience
- You have grown strong communication in English, both oral and written and enjoy working in an international environment
- Having worked in the publishing sector before is a plus
What we can offer you...
- A wide range of responsibilities in a technology-driven environment in which your ideas really matter! More than 32 million people use and appreciate our articles and software
- A company with flat hierarchies and a cross-functional team structure - as a result, much of the decision-making power lies within the teams themselves
- A competent and motivated team, exciting tasks and freedom to design independently and give impulses
- We respond individually to your life situation. This includes flexible working time models, sabbaticals and support with childcare.
- Our trust-based workplace offer includes the option of working from home or using our individual flexdesk solution in the company office
- A comprehensive training program that covers both professional and personal aspects (e.g. English and German courses)
- After pandemic: We offer regular learning lunches, our annual internal Tech Forward conference and trainings programs throughout the year – enabling you to grow professionally and personally. Would you personally benefit from participating in an exciting specialist conference? We will try to make it happen
- You have a new business idea and would like to found a start-up within the company? Convince us and we will support you structurally and financially
- Smart Working - we believe in flexibility when it comes to choosing where you deliver top-notch work
- You will receive a smartphone and a laptop for professional and also private use at the start. Apple or Windows? Your choice!
- We Care! We provide lunch vouchers, fruits, water and coffee in all our offices
- A sunny office located in the center of Bari with a large terrace
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch our videos on YouTube.
Sign-up to our Tech Newsletter to receive BurdaForward tech and product news as well as invitations to our tech events and the latest job postings.
Telefon: +39 339 77 322 06